Benefits Of Slow Cooker
Slower Cook Do’s & Don’t
• Plan Ahead – Benefits Of Slow Cooker: One of the amaxing benefits of slow cooking is the amount of time it simply saves. To save time in the morning, prep the vegetables & meat the night before & store them in separate containers in the refrigerator. Then, in the morning, all you’ve to do is to simply add the ingredients & set the slow cooker to the appropriate time.
• Use the Right Size Slow Cooker –Most recipes in this cookbook work mainly using a 4 to 5-quart slow cooker. If you’ve a different size cooker, please keep a close eye on cooking times & monitor the meal to make sure that the finished product is not overcooked.
• Cook On Low – Some recipes in this cookbook will include options for cooking food on low or maybe high, depending on your time schedule. It’s recommended to keep heat on low to create the moistest & also most tender dishes.
• Prep Your Slow Cooker – Some recipes may call for prepping your slow cooker with cooking spray before cooking. If this is the case, overlook the simple & easy steps. Otherwise this could end up being a mess to clean up afterwards.
• Follow Cooking Times – Cooking chicken for longer than five hours at a time can leave it stringy & probably dry. Over-cooking beef can also make it tough & even hard to chew. If you’ve to work all day & want to make a recipe that has a shorter cooking time, purchase a programmable slow cooker that switches to warm once cooking is done. This will make each meal the best quality it can be, no matter how much time it takes.
• Overfill the Slow Cooker – Slow cookers are usually designed to be filled at no more than two-thirds full. Keep this in mind when you are using your slow cooker, as it may greatly affect cooking times. Make sure to check your manufacturers’ directions before you start cooking.
• Remove the Lid While Cooking – Although sometimes it may be necessary to look inside your slow cooker to see the progress. Taking off the lid can affect the overall cooking time as it takes quite a bit of time to heat the slow cooker back up once the lid is removed. If you need to look inside the cooker, as a best rule of thumb you should probably add an additional 35 to 45 minutes to the overall cooking time.
Benefits Of Slow Cooker
- There are a number of benefits of using the slow cooker/crockpot process for making meals:
- Meal prep times are virtually nonexistent!
- If you’re like most of us, your life is probably full of work, work & just work. So setting a slow cooker to cook your meals for you is an excellent choice for hectic lifestyles without the extra stupid fuss.
- Nutrients are also optimally retained in your food, so you can experience delicious & healthy foods in an extra quick manner.
- Just think about coming home & not have to do anything to have a perfectly made meal ready for you? Well, that is not far from the truth if you get a slow cooker! Just chuck all the ingredients you need into the slow cooker, & off you pop to work or an outing while your machine does all the cooking for you!
- Also in comparison to the conventional oven, the slow cooker is much less energy consumptive, saving you money & also scoring you points with the environment.
- The slow cooker would depend on you to stock it up with fresh ingredients; and to put it simply home bought ingredients are much better for your health than processed foods in terms of sodium & calories.